Friday, March 14, 2014

MFTCPC3- I'm Here For You

I've already made a card for this month's MFT Color Palette Challenge, but I love the color combo so much that I had to play along again.   The colors are kraft, berrylicious, grapesicle, and sour apple.  


I started with the berrylicious CS panel and I used the Concentric Circles stencil and some modeling paste.  After a recent MFT challenge, I have become hooked on stencils! I was so intimidated, but it is really achieve to achieve this look!  


 I used some washi tape to adhere my CS to my mat.  I positioned the stencil over the the CS and adhered the stencil down as well.  


Before spreading the modeling paste I covered parts of the stencil that I didn't want to use to make this a little more mistake proof.


Peeling away that messy stencil and uncovering the neat design is the fun part!


I die cut the flowers from grapesicle CD with the Die-namics large royal rose and the Die-namics mini royal roses.   I sponged some grapesicle ink onto the edges of the petals.  I die cut the leaves from sour apple CS using the Die-namics royal leaves.  I used the Die-namics sentiment strips to create the sentiment panel and stamped a sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set. I die cut the border from kraft CS using the  Die-namics solid bracket border.  


For the inside of the card, I used the Die-namics Stitched circle STAX


Ready to play along with the MFTCPC3?  You have until Wednesday, April 2 at noon EST to add your link and be eligible for the prize of up to $20 in MFT Cash. Winners are chosen at random, so everyone has a chance! The monthly prize is a $15 Gift Voucher to My Favorite Things, but if you use MFT stamps in your project, you’ll receive an extra $5.

I am also entering this card into the Moxie Fab Stylin' with Stencil's challenge
.  

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim!! Love the background with the concentric circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool! Thank you for sharing a step by step tutorial. Did you heat dry the paste or let it air dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I heat set it........too impatient to wait!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the design with the stencil and modeling paste! Lovely flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous and I love the way you used that stencil!! Absolutely fabulous!!
    Taunya Butler @ daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim!
    I like this one too! :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!