Monday, March 31, 2014

Perfect Paper Crafting Brand Ambassador Blog Hop

Did you know I am Brand Ambassador Perfect Paper Crafting?
Yep, I am!  They have some really cool tools for paper crafting addicts like us and today I joining the other Brand Ambassadors for a blog hop to show off what we have created using their latest and created tools!

Introducing the Perfect Layers Mini and the Perfect Cutting Mat!  

The Perfect Layer's Mini  is a MUST if you want to create perfect borders, frames and layered effects.  Using the Perfect Layers Mini, you can cut from 1/16 of an inch (very thin borders), up to 5/8 of an inch (bold borders), WITH NO MEASURING REQUIRED!!

The Perfect Cutting Mat is an 8x10" Durable, self healing double sided cutting mat with printed grid lines (one side in cm and one side in inches), including card template sizes.  

Now let me show you a couple of projects I created using these tools:



This card features the MFT Doodle Garden Far Out stamp set.   Notice those PERFECT LAYERS?!   Easy peasy and NO MEASURING!  I stamped my image in Momento tuxedo black ink and colored her with copics.  


 I blotted her jeans with a kitchen towel that was moistened with some colorless blender to add the appearance of texture to her jeans.   I used a white gel pen to add the polka dots and some orange Peel Stickles to the center of the flower in her hair.




Here is the inside of the card.  Again, I used the Mini Perfect Layers and the Perfect Cutting Mat to create those perfect layers! 

Copics List

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R43,R30
hair - E49, E37, E35, E53
shirt, headband & heart - YR15, YR16, YR18
jeans - B28, B2, B23, B21
flower - YR16,YR17, YG13, YG17

Next up is a card featuring a stamp from SugarPea Desigs, a new clear stamp company with adorable and whimsical stamps!  SugarPea Designs is sponsoring this blog hop and the owner, Wendy Ramlakhan, is also a Perfect Paper Crafting Brand Ambassador!  



This adorable stamp set is called Rice Rice Baby!  I am entering this card into the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #213 which was PERFECT for showcasing what you can do the the Mini Perfect Layers and Perfect Cutting Mat!    I stamped the natural CS with the MFT Wood Plank Background stamp and used the MFT Die-namics circle STAX to cut out the circular window behind the image.   I popped the wood plank panel up with foam dimensionals.  I used a die from the MFT Blueprints 3 for the sentiment panel.



Copic List 

Penguin - C9, C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, YR15, YR16, YR18, RV00, RV000
sash - R59, R29, R24, R05
platter / chop sticks / sushi - E55, E53, E51, C7, C5, YR18


If would want to make these tools your own, be sure to use the code  Kim5% at check out  to get 5% off your entire order in the Perfect Paper Crafting Shop! 



We have not one but TWO great prizes up for grabs!!   

Hop along and leave some blog love on each of the designers blogs in the list below to be eligible to win:

A $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting store

or

$25 gift certificate to 

You have until Friday, 4/4 at midnight PST to complete the hop!

   Perfect Paper Crafting & Laura Lynn http://blog.perfectpapercrafting.com
   Wendy Ramlakhan http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/
Susie Moore www.thedieshaveit.com
   Kim O'Connell http://www.kimoconnell.com  (you are here)

29 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards! Really like Rice Rice baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left the above message but have been using the name CeCe on the other sites. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I don't have to choose a favorite! Both cards are adorable. Great showcasing of the new Mini's!!! Fun hopping with you today, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I like the flower child image. You really do a nice job with your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card is groovy and the matting is fab! Your coloring and texturing is awesome on both cards what can I say about the 2nd card I'm a sucker for penguins and the name of the set is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cards...I am blown away with how you colour images in black with copics...I am still trying to learn. Inspirational as always, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I subscribe to your blog and always enjoy your card creations. Now I know one of your secret techniques. Mini perfect layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are darling. I like how you used the same layout pattern on the inside to match the outside. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love hoe the jeans came out. The glasses are so cool! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are stunning and glad buggy blogger didn't manage to keep them away from us to long today ;0) I adore that penguin stamp! TFS!
    Leigh S-B of http://leighsbdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cool! Great job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter will love both of these! I can't wait to show her. Adorable cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooo cute! I just love them! Great coloring and great colors, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous cards Kim...I have teh perfect layer tool but these new mini's look great to work with too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must try your trick of blotting the blender on tissue, the effect is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards Kim! These are must haves tools for any cardmaker. Esp me who's such a clumsy one :-) With these tools at least I will get my lines straight! Lastly, thank you for sharing that tip with the kitchen towel paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. I would love to be able to color with my copic markers like you have. I also really like the circle cut out. It really makes the image pop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are so adorable! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Each of these cards are so neat, especially the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both cards....but the penguin is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are wonderful...this tool really rocks your card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are gorgeous!! Love the bold colors in both. And of course, the layering really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cards...such bright colors and wonderful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two lovely cards and some great colouring techniques too. The layer tool is a great help to get the best finish. and the black card makes the perfect backing colour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Love the images and the layers! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Jennifer Nillison's stamps!! You made both cards perfectly!

    www.purrfectionistcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!