Thursday, March 27, 2014

DS144- Thinking of You

Welcome to this week's addiction of the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #144

I decided to do one of my new favorite techniques.....stenciling! 
I love to color.   I love my copics.   I NEVER thought I would get hooked on stenciling.  BUT, I tried it once and loved the results and now I am always looking for a way to work it into my projects and try out all my new stencils!

I am also entering this project into the Moxie Fab World Stylin' with Stencils Challenge


For this card, I started with a MFT sno cone CS panel.   I wanted the stenciling to be slightly darker than the CS so I used my MFT berrylicious ink refill to tint the modeling paste.   I used the MFT Petal Pattern stencil to create that beautiful design and the tinted modeling paste gives it great texture for added interest.  



I added a strip of steel blue CS.  I die cut the rectanagle using the MFT Die-namics Rectangle STAX and then left the die cut in the die and sponged some MFT sno cone ink around the edges before stamping the sentiment from the Fall Foliage stamp set in black licorice ink.  I added a couple of MFT grapesicle buttons and some hemp cord to embellish.  

Here is the sketch:




 Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!   

5 comments:

  1. Kim this card is gorgeous I think I have to give this stencilling a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kim! I want to try stenciling now, it looks so cool! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful kim! I love the texture created by the stencil... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card!
    And hey thanks so much for linking it up to the Styling with Stencils challenge over on Moxie Fab World!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!