Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MFT Creative Challenge - Perfect Packing

Each month the MFT designers are given a creative challenge tackle and this month the theme is creating perfect packing using the MFT Die-namics.  I created a a couple of treat boxes using the Die-namics Scalloped Treat Box with coordinating cards.


Here is my first project:


I started by stamping some natural card stock with the new Wood Plank Background stamp in natural ink.  I love how the scalloped edges of the treat box looks like a picket fence.  I stamped the sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set in black licorice ink onto a die cut from the Die-namics Blueprints 2.


I used the Die-namics Plentiful Petals to create the flower.  I die cut the bottom layer from razzle berry felt.  I die cit the next 2 layers of petals from razzle berry CS and then I sponged some sweet tooth ink along the edges of the petals.  I die cut the center of the flower in orange fizz ink and embellished with a lemon drop button and hemp cord.  I die cut the leaves in  sour apple CS using the Die-namics Royal Leaves.



Here is the coordinating card I created using the same Die-namics and stamps.  The sentiment is from the Simply Fabulous Sayings stamps set which I stamped in razzle berry ink and black licorice ink.  


And here is the pretty little set together!  

Next up, I am switching from feminine to masculine.


This time I stamped some the Patterned Triangles Background stamp in berrylicious ink onto berylicious CS before die cutting the treat box using the Die-namics Scalloped Treat Box.  I used some dies from the Die-namics Blueprints 13 with smooth white, black licorice and wild cherry CS to decorate the treat box.  I stamped a sentiment from the Pure Innocence It's a Sign stamp set in black licorice ink.  


I created a coordinating card using the same card stock colors, the Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX, the Die-namics circle STAX set 1 and the Die-namics Stitches circle STAX.  



I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set in wild cherry and black licorice ink. 


And here is the set together! 


Now head on over to the MFT blog to see which MFT designers are participating in the creative challenge!  




3 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE! Love the BIG flower!! All the different layers are awesome!! The white ink on the edges looks fabulous...I thought you used fabric or something...It gives the CS a whole different look. Very cool!~Oh, and the coordinating card...**swoon**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice woodgrain bag w/the bright colored, layered flower. The "matching" card is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!