Sunday, August 18, 2013

SSS224 - A Pencil and a Dream

Today is my last day off after a nice week away from work.   I am spending it in my pajamas and crafting on my deck and soaking up these last few days of summer before the chaos that fall with bring.

I am playing along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch #224 with the MFT a la Mode Talk Nerdy to Me....which is apparently now retired since I can't find it in the MFT store any longer.  Oh well!

I stamped the image on a note book page die cut that I created with the MFT Die-Namics 3x4 Notepad which I then trimmed a bit.    I created that cool background using the Abstract Art stamp set along with red hot, lemon drop, orange fizz, sour apple, and berrylicious ink.  I used the fishtail flag STAX Die-Namics to create the banner and did some faux stitching with a white gel pen.  


I colored the image with copics and used some Generals pastel chalk pencils to deepen the shading.  

skin - E11. E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - E47, E37,E35, E53
pencil - RV13, RV11, RV10, C3, C2, C1, Y17, Y15, Y13,E43, E41, C7, C5
shirt - R59, R29, R24, R05
jeans - B99, B97, B95

Here's the sketch which I flipped:






4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on your coloring! I came to your blog via pinterest looking for the information on the card that has a row of ducks on it and the sentiment is "how the duck are you?" Can you point me to the blog post this is on? Thanks!!!!
    l.unger@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image, Kim...perfect and just in time for getting ready to head back to school! Your coloring is aways exceptional and I love the colorful background of splatters! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week...it's always good to see one of your cards in the gallery again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, your coloring is BEYOND amazing!! It's ridonkulous!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! The Abstract Art in the background is FANTASTIC too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I love the cute ala mode girl and your coloring skills are amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!