Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh Baby!

I was asked to make some custom baby shower invitations after someone spotted one of my cards I created with the Saturated Canary's Ice Cream & Pickles image.  Coloring an image 35 times was no easy task.  Thankfully, I had a couple of months to chip away at it.  I think I can say with confidence that I could color this image in my sleep now.  ;)


I printed the invitations onto PTI white CS and mounted them onto PTI spring rain CS.  


I colored the image with copics:

Skin - E11, E21, E00, E000. R20. R30
eyes - B24, B21
lips - R22, R20
hair - E35, E53, E51
shirt - B41, B45, B37
skirt - E44, E43, E41
ice cream and cone- E44, E43, R22, R20, R30
pickle - G46, G43
cherry - R29, E05


I lined the envelopes with PTI spring rain gingham pattern sheets.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are some very pretty invitations & a heck of alot of work! Wonderful coloring & the envelope liners are a grand touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! 35 times - I am guessing you won't be coloring that image for awhile :>) Would photocopying one of the colored ones have worked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wanted hand colored invitations to make them special. Photocopying would have been cheating. :)

      Delete
  3. I received one of these invitations and they are adorable! I came to check out your web site for a baby shower we are throwing for my brother and sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so very cute. glad i looked back in my bloglovin so i didn't miss seeing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, would you be able to make me a pickles and ice cream card for my daughter?carlygirl1961@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!