Wednesday, July 25, 2012

All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge - Paper Piecing

Have you played along with the paper piecing challenge on the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge blog yet?  What are you waiting for?!  There's still time to play!

Have you ever tried paper piecing?  It's so much fun and it's a great way to add a pop to your images without coloring them.   In case you've never tried it, there's a fabulous tutorial on SCS you can check out >> HERE <<

I decided to do a little paper piecing with the sweet


I gave a sweet summer dress using some DSP from the Fancy Pants Designs Country Boutique 6x6 paper pad.  I paired it with with some Bazzill Card Shoppe peanut cluster and candy bar cardstock.  I stamped the image in Momento tuxedo black ink onto X-Press It blending card.  I colored the image with copics prior to do the paper piecing and then cut the image out.  I used the MFT Die-Namics oval STAX 1 and 2, tore some DSP for the sand, and then popped the image up with foam dimensionals.  I added some gorgeous ivory silk ribbon and natural jute to embellish.  


Ready to play?
Here's what you need to know:
  • Your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store.  It will be deleted if not.
  • Link up with Inlinkz by July 31st.  This challenge will run two weeks.
  • Prize for this challenge is 3 C.C. Designs rubber stamps of the winners choice

2 comments:

  1. I love the softness of her! Your colouring is da bomb baby!!! what copics did u use for her hair? I need a nice blonde;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Kim this is just adorable! I really love the soft colours and the layout frames her so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!