Thursday, June 26, 2014

SSSC224 - Smile!

So, tonight I decided to something I have not done in a LOOOOONG time.  
I created a card because I wanted to.......not because I had to check something off my list of things to do for a design team.   And ya know what, it made me SMILE!

A while back, I purchased this oh so flippin' cute digi stamp from The Doodle Garden called Keep Smiling.   Truth be told, I purchased more than one, but I had yet to color one up until tonight.  I am huge fan of Jenn, the owner and illustrator of The Doodle Garden.  


I colored her with copics.  I layered her over a panel of PP from the Carta Bella Sew Lovely 6x6 paper pad.  I used largest die from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 13 to create the stitched ckraft panel.  I used the MFT Die-namics Dainty Lace Border and some dies from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 12 to create the banenrs nad the flowers.   I die cut the flower from smooth white CS and then sponged the esges with pink lemonade ink. 


  I used a white gel pen to add freckles to her cheeks and to add some polka dots and plaid stripes to the patches on her overalls.  


I am entering this card in the The Doodle Garden's Summer Lovin' challenge as well as the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #224.  Here's the sketch:





5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim!! What gorgeous colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kim. Love the sweet image and your fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this really is gorgeous and your colouring skills are A1 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie and colored to perfection!!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sooo sweet, Kim! It makes me smilie, if I look at it :)

    XOXO Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!