Saturday, June 14, 2014

CTS80 - You Mean the Whirl to Me

It has been a very long week between work and being on the baseball field and football field for my son's games on top of having end of the year activities to go to at my daughter's school.  I'm all prepared for Father's Day tomorrow which, by the way, will consist of an All-Star baseball game followed by another football game.  I grabbed a little time for myself and lugged my crafty stuff out on my deck and sat and did some coloring and just RELAXED!  Things have been so nutty lately that crafting has felt like a chore and to be honest, I was starting to resent it.   My little crafty session on my deck this afternoon in the beautiful weather reminded me why I fell in love with this hobby.  

I am playing along with the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #80.   The sketch caught my eye when I scrolling through my blog roll.  


I can't seem to stop wanting to color up this sweet little dragon from the SugarPea Designs Blow Me Away stamp set.  I paired some PP from the Echo Park Scoot 6x6 paper pad with some MFT nightshift blue CS. 


I colored the dragon with copics and then used a black Generals's pastel chalk pencil to add some further depth to the coloring.  I also used a white gel pen to give him some speckles.  I die cut him out using the MFT Die-namics Pierced circle STAX and then layered using the Die-namics Circle STAX.  I added some some buttons and hemp cord to embellish.

I repeated the layout on the inside and then stamped the sentiment in nightshift blue ink.   
I used a die from the MFT Die-Namics Blueprints 13 to create the stitched edges around the green panel.

Here is the sketch:


If you would like to make this SugarPea Designs Blow Me Away stamp set your own, you can find him RIGHT HERE

Store-Blow-Me-Away







2 comments:

  1. Love your cute dragon and such fabulous colouring! Also, your texture on the green dragon is perfect and I love your layout too..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image on this card! I wish I had just a teeny tiny bit of your talent when it comes to coloring stamped images. I just can't seem to get the blending down pat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!