Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MFTWSC177 - Pure Innocence Yoga Studio

Welcome to this week's addition of the MFTWSC #177
I knew I wanted to ink up the Pure Innocence Serentity since she would work well with the sketch.  I went to google images as searched "yoga studio" intially for some color inspiration, but I got more than that.   I was inspired to create a little yoga studio itself as a backdrop for the image!


I started with a piece of whip cream CS.  I used my kraft ink refill to tint my modeling paste before spreading it over the the small brick wall stencil.  


I stamped my Pure Innocence Sernenity in black licorice hybrid ink and color her with copics.  To create her tank top, I stamped the image again onto grapesicle CS.  I used a stamped from the Washi Patterns stamp set and stamped it in grape jelly ink.  I cut it out and layer it over the colored image.  


I ued the Die-namics fishtail flag STAX to die cut the grape jelly banner.  Then I added 2 circular panels that I die cue from whip cream and grapesicle CS with the Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX.   I added a kraft button and some hemp cord to embellish.   

For the inside, I stamped the image again and a sentiment from the Pure Innocence Serenity stamp set.  I paper pieced just her tank top this time using the same method as described above.    

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30

hair - E37, E35, E53
pants and shoes - C9, C7. C5



You have until Tuesday, May 27th at noon EST to add your link to the MFT blog and be eligible for the prize of up to $20 in MFT Cash to be spent in the MFT boutique. Winners are chosen at random, so everyone has a chance! The weekly prize is a $15 Gift Voucher to My Favorite Things, but if you use MFT stamps in your project, you’ll receive an extra $5.


2 comments:

  1. Totally terrific - love the colours and the sweet'n' simple embellishments, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of the cards you make! Your creativity is absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!