Saturday, May 17, 2014

FMS136 - Hello, Friend

A few weeks back, I signed up to take the Watercolor for Card Makers class, but I just had not yet had the time to sit and watch the lessons............until today.  This prompted me to run out the door to get some new items.....like watercolor paper!  I am excited to try out a bunch of new techniques!

I got reminder email that there is still time to play long with the Freshly Made Sketch #136 and so I did and tried out one of the new techniques I learn.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper that I taped down with painter's tape to my craft mat.  I misted it with water.  I grabbed the new MFT Grid Background stamp and inked it up with some of the original MFT premium ye ink pads (NOT the new hybrid inks) in razzle berry, lemon drop, and orange fizz.  I lightly misted the stamp with water before pressing it onto the watercolor paper.  I heat dried the ink.   Pretty cool! 


Next I used a die from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 1 to die cut the razzle berry panel and layered over a it an orange fizz panel that I die cut from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 2.  I used the MFT Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX to die cut the circle from lemon drop CS.  I stamped the sentiment from the Fall Foliage stamp set in black licorice ink and added a razzle berry button with hemp cord to embellish.   



I used a strip of the watercolored grid line pattern that  had created and layered it with razzle berry and orange fizz CS.  

Here is the sketch:



6 comments:

  1. How freakin' adorable is this! I love it. I'm going to have to totally CAS it tomorrow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors and the fab watercolor background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these vibrant colours - great choice! The watercolour background is fab - have got this class on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE this! What a great technique and the colors are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Clean and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I just love way those colours go so well together and also the pretty effect with this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!