Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MFT Creative Challenge - Make it Masculine

Each month the MFT Designers are given a challenge to get our creative juices flowing and with Father's Day just around the corner, our challenge this month was to "Make It Masculine."

For my first project, I made a manly thank you card that would be perfect for that
Mr. Fix It in your life.  Home Depot colors were my inspiration.


I started by die cutting the panels from natural CS with the Die-namics Horizontal Stitched Strips.  I stamped them in kraft ink with the Wood Plank background stamp and then adhered them onto a hot fudge CS panel   


I adhered a piece of tin foil to a piece of CS and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Die-namics Pegboard Cover-Up.  I die cut the tools from white CS using the Die-namics Tool Time and then colored the pieces with copics.   I again used the Die-namics Horizontal Stitched Strips to cut the sentiment panel from orange fizz CS and stamped the sentiment from the Let's Tool Around stamp set in hot fudge ink.


I again used the Die-namics Horizontal Stitched Strips (LOVE THOSE THINGS), the Wood Plank Background stamp and a sentiment from the Let's Tool Around stamp set to complete the inside of my card.   

For my second project, I was trying to think outside the box.............and ending up making a box.  
A Cigar Box!  My husband loves a good cigar once in a while and I thought this would be a nice way to present one to him as a Father's Day gift. 


I figured out how to make this as I went, but now that I know how to do it, I will make another and will post a tutorial later this week!   Stay tuned for that!



I stamped my nightshift blue CS with the Star Background in nightshift blue ink.   I stamped the smooth white panel with the Pinstripe Background in red hot ink.   I used the Die-namics Blueprints 13 to create the sentiment panel from smooth white and red hot CS.  I stamped the sentiment from the Clearly Sentiment about Father's stamp set in red hot and nightshift blue ink. 



Hope you've been inspired!  Be sure to head over to the MFT blog for a list of designers who are participating in today's creative challenge!



6 comments:

  1. Awesome creativeness going on here Kim I love your card and your own cigar box that is clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and love the little cigar box! Clever :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tool card and great box project too Kim. I love how you used the tools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing your creativity with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome!! Love your projects for Dad!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!