Thursday, May 29, 2014

DS153 - A Little Birthday Wish

Welcome to this week's addition of the Deconstructed Sketch #153!
Did you take the Watercolor for Card Makers online class?  I did!  I am a Copics girl.  Watercoloring was not something I did.......ever.  BIT the class has me looking at my crafty supplies a whole lot differently now!  


Itook my MFT Petal Circles stencil and stamped the back of it with my MFT blu raspberry and grape jelly premium dye ink pads and then spritz it with water.  I placed it onto some watercolor paper and then used a paper towel to sop up any extra water.  I heat set with my heat gun.  Cool, right?!


I die cut the sentiment panel with the MFT Die-namics Rectangle STAX and stamped the sentiment from the MFT Birthday Greetings stamp set in black licorice ink.   I added a bow made from MFT blue raspberry grosgrain ribbon.   I layered the sentiment panel over a grape jelly panel that I die cut using the MFT Die-namics Square STAX.   

Here's the sketch:



 Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background turned out perfectly! I haven't gotten a chance to try this technique yet, but it is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this Kim!! The colours are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect that this technique gave you, awesome colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color palette; so striking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!