Thursday, May 1, 2014

DS149 - Grandmother

Welcome to this week's addition of the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge!  
I LOVE this week's sketch.  I will definitely be using this one again!

With Mother's Day quickly approaching, I decided to make a card for my kids to give to my mom.  


I started by using the largest die from the MFT Blueprints 13 to die cut the natural CS panel with the stitched edging.   I then used the MFT Stripes stencil and some translucent embossing paste.  It is really pretty in person.  It dries to a clear gloss.   The picture does not do it justice.   I then used the MFT Fishnet Cover-Up to emboss the pink lemonade panels I die cut using the MFT fishtail flag STAX.  I stamped the sentiment from the MFT Clearly Sentimental About Grandparents stamp set in MFT hot fudge hybrid ink.  


I used the MFT Die-namics Upsy Daisy to create the flower and leaves from natural, cotton candy, and sour apple CS.  I stamped the natural petals with the Typewriter Text background stamp in hot fudge hybrid ink.  I added a whip cream button and some hemp cord to embellish.


Here is the inside of the card.  Again I used the largest die from the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 13 to create the whip cream panel with the stitched edging. I embossed a strip of pink lemonade CS with the MFT Die-namics Fishnet Cover-Up and then matted with hot fudge CS.

Here is the sketch:




 Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim! I love the bit of printing on the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, really love the colours you chose and the flower and sentiment is just perfect, I am sure your Mum will love receiving this card from her grandkids, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!