Saturday, July 20, 2013

RS72 - When PIgs Fly

NEVER did I think I would ever be interested in mixed media.  I mean never.
Then I started popping by Mona Pendleton's blog during MFT sneak peeks days and I found myself reading more and about what supplies she uses to do this.   So, I made a trip to my local craft store today and bought a bunch of supplies.   I blame Mona.

So, here you have it.....after a couple hours of extreme mess making....
My very first mixed media card.


I used a whole lot of things from My Favorite Things.  See the graphics below.  
Mod podge, gesso, acrylic paints, and brushes were some of my purchases today.

I am entering this into the Retro Sketches challenge #72.

The fun part of today is that my daughter Lauren totally got into this with me and she is has discovered how fun mixed media can be, too!  


Here is her 1st mixed media project!  


Unbelievable, right!  She's 11!  It's no secret that I would love to make the MFT design team.  If she makes the MFT team before me, I'm going to be really upset.  Just sayin'......




2 comments:

  1. LOL! She's so cute! Love it!!! Fantastic card! I am not quite embracing mixed media yet. I purchased and tried, but man it was tough! Great job! Love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. How fun that your daughter made a card too. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!