Saturday, September 8, 2012

KKS146 - Paper piecing

I LOVE paper piecing so I was thrilled that this is the theme of this week's challenge 

I decided to play along with this cute image and sentiment from the
Halloween Lulu stamp set. 


I paired some DP from the EP Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 paper pad with some Bazzill Card Shoppe licorice twist and peanut cluster CS. I sponged some Momento tuxedo black ink around the edges of the green DP.  I colored the image with copics, paper pieced her sweater,  and fussy cut her out so that I could pop her up over the oval panel of DP.  For dies, I used the MFT oval STAX set 2 and the oval open scallop die.   I added some black net ribbon and black vintage seam binding from the Ribbon Carousel.

skin - E11,E00, E000
cheeks- R20, R30
hair, skirt, and shoes- C9, C7, C5, C3
shirt - YR18, YR16

Now head right on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog to see what my fellow Krafty Girls have done with this week's challenge.  Krafty Girl Jessie Rone is our hostess with the mostess this week, so be sure to check out what image she used on her project because that image will be this week's prize!

4 comments:

  1. Your colors are just right. I always love black for contrast, especially at Hallowe'en, of course. Very cute!
    Elaine Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is super cute and I love the great card design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Kim! I love the pattern on her and those colours are just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!