Monday, April 7, 2014

SugarPea Designs Sweet Sneak - My Hero

Ready to kick off the first of 4 days of  "Sweet Sneaks" of the SugarPea Designs April release?! 
We've got lots of crafty goodness for you this month! 

Introducing My Hero from our popular Bean Stalk Collection! 


I just love this little guy!  He reminds me of my son Jack!   I paired some PTI spring rain gingham pattern paper with some MFT kraft, wild cherry, lemon drop, and black licorice card stock.   I used my Perfect Layers Mini and Perfect cutting Mat to mat the panels.   


I stamped the image in Momento tuxedo black ink and colored him with copics.  I added some Glossy Accents to his glasses.  I used the star dies from the MFT Blueprints 13 to die cut the stars from lemon drop CS.  



skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, RV42, R30
hair - E53, E51, E35
shirts - B45, B41, R59. R29.R24. R05 Y17, Y15
pants - E44, E43, E41
sneakers R59, R29, R25, C2, C1




Would you like to WIN the My Hero stamp set? Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the My Hero stamp set!

We will be announcing the winner of today's stamp set AND the winner of the ENTIRE APRIL RELEASE at our online release party on the SugarPea Designs Facebook page this Thursday night between 8:00 and 9:00 PM EST! We'd love to come have you chat with us, everyone is welcome!

Our fabulous April release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe at 9:00 PM EST this Thursday night!



39 comments:

  1. Awesome design and super cute coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Kim!! Love your colouring and the stars are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very clever card and awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this card Kim. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coloring! This is so cute!
    ~Lissa
    www.purrfectionistcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cute lil dude has certainly saved the day! how adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image and such a cute card
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh shut up....look at how cute he is!!! Love your layout GF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he is so adorable and I love your cute card design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card...the panels look great to frame the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cute cute!!! Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic design!!! Adorable card and great coloring of this cutie image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable card! I especially love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is totally cool! For all of those heroes in our daily lives. Oh, how I miss having the Perfect Layers Mini. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun image, design and sentiment.....very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so cute!! That sentiment is so fun! No one else has used it on the hop so far; thanks for showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love your card Kim. Layout is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim, this is spectacular! I love your design and the popped up stars are perfect accents. I love that you used the out of the box technique! Your coloring is amazing and I adore this sentiment! Fantastic creation to showcase this sweetie!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card and all of the background layers-love that you shared the colors used...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fun card and I
    like how you used the
    stripes in the background.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those yellow stars and how they make the magic bolt on his chest pop out even more! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the use of the rectangles for super hero and the pieces behind him. Good way to pop the boy out. Great job of coloring. The color combination of the rectangles, along with the stars, really make a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute card, Kim. Love the cluster of stars around this super-guy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. He is so sweet! I especially love how you shaded his face, his eye glasses and the shadow between his shoes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many fabulous things going on, on this card!! Your layers, colors, stars, coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card, love your layering.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute, cute cute!! Love those popping stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card! LOVE the coloring and cutest stamp! Goes right along with Torico's new MFT Hero set! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this! The coloring is amazing and I really love how his tie/cape is off the mat! Super amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG Kim! This just smacked me BAM!!! Soooooooooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great image, love this sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the bands of matted paper as the background, it really packs a punch without distracting from the image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. He is the star of your card. As all true manly hero's are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome card, love how you used the perfect layer tool, I love that tool. It really makes your image stand out, so cool. Thanks, Tracey M.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous card - love the matted panels. The super hero is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great card design with the panels and stars.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautifully colored image and super cute card - love the layers and the stars.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!