Thursday, April 17, 2014

DS147 - World's Best Friend

Welcome to this week's addition to the Deconstructed Sketch #147!  
As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use the new MFT You're Super stamp set and coordinating Die-namics from the Birdie Brown line. I am SO happy that Birdie Brown has been picked up by MFT!  Torico is one of my favorite illustrators! 


I chose some MFT nightshift blue, redhot,a nd smooth white CS.  I used the largest die from the MFT Blueprints 13 and cut three panels.  I love the stitching that die creates!  I then cut the panels and lined them back up with the stitching so it looks like continuous stitching around the outer edge of the card.  I stamped the little star stamp from the You;re Super Stamp set onto the smooth white CS in red hot and nightshift blue to create the patterned paper.


  
I stamped my image in the new MFT black licorice hybrid ink and colored her with copics:


skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R3, R32, R30
hair - E37, E35, E53, E51
clothing - R59, R29, R24, R05, B39, B37, B34 Y28, Y23

Here is the sketch:



 Head to the Deconstructed Sketch blog to play along and link up your creations.  Be sure to check the creations of my fellow DT members for some inspiration!   

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling! Love this stamp set! Great interpretation of the sketch!
    Hugs,
    Indy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Kim! I love every perfect detail! The stitched border is just the perfect touch and your coloring is amazing! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously have to buy this new set!!!! Love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... You're so sweet, Kim! Love the clever way to use those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome colouring honey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the wonderful bold colors and fantastic coloring on your super girl. SO SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!