Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MFT DT Creative Challenge

Once a month, the MFT DT tackles a creative challenge with the hopes of inspiring the MFT fans.
This month we were challenged to use the MFT alphabets stamps and / or dies to create our own custom sentiments on our projects.  I have 2 to share with you today!

First up is is this framed subway style Valentine's Day art:


I had this pretty frame that I got from the Pottery Barn that held a Christmas photo of my kids.  It dawned on me that I didn't have to pack it away just as it would make some perfect Valentine's Day decor for our home.   


I have used combination of MFT stamps and dies to make this subway style art.   Not only did I use the alphabet dies to make my own sentiments, I also used the new  Die-Namics Lots of Love.





Next up is a gift card holder:

I had to make a gift card holder for a teenage boy so I thought the LLD Cooper Alphabet stamp set would work well with its varsity style lettering.


You see my tutorial on how to make these gift cards HERE.  To create this card, I started with a kraft CS base. I added a strip of whip cream CS and stamped the sentiment in hot fudge ink.   I then used a stamp the Spring Background stamp set and kraft ink to create the houndstooth pattern.  I added a piece of red hot grosgrain ribbon, a chocolate brown button, and some hemp cord.



I also decorated the inside in a similar fashion though I used a die from the Die-namics Blueprints 2 to add the stitched whip cream panel.  I added some velcro to keep the gift card holder closed.   




Now head on over to the MFT blog to see the list of participating design team members!


3 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!