Thursday, December 5, 2013

DS129 - Goodbyes

Welcome to this week's addition of the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #129!

Last week I accepted a new job as the Dementia Program Director at a nursing home right near my home.  While I am looking forward to new adventures in my career, I am dreading saying goodbye to my current co-coworker of the past 5 years.   Over the next few weeks, you will be seeing a lot of "goodbye" themed cards on my blog.  

Sadly, my beloved There She Goes Clear Stamps is closing its doors forever toward the end of this month.   Go shop now and scoop up what ever is left before they gone forever!

 There are lots of new beginnings in store for me in 2014, but first I have to get through the sad endings.   I used this week's Deconstructed Sketch as the inspiration for this card featuring the "Scent-sational" stamp set by There She Goes Clear Stamps.  


I paired some PTI ocean tides CS and some MFT black licorice CS with these pretty PP........and I have no idea from which 6x6 paper pad they come.  Sorry!  


I die cut and matted the image using the MFT Die-Namics circle STAX sets 1 and 2.  The image was stamped in Momento tuxedo black ink and colored with copics.  I used some buttercup Liquid Pearls on the center of the flower.  

Here's the sketch:

DS129

Be sure to check out the creations of the Deconstructed Sketch Girls for a little crafty inspiration and then head on over to the Deconstructed Sketch Blog to play along and link up your creation!



2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I just love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sad about TSG. My favourite stamps! Good luck with your new position!!
    Love your colouring as always, this is darling!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!