Sunday, October 20, 2013

You Make the Grade

I started out trying to tackle some DT work for an upcoming sketch challenge and I really wanted to color up this MFT Pure Innocence You Make the Grade.........so I did even though I think I really knew it was too big to work with the sketch.   I was right.  It's too big.   Oh well!  

While I didn't get to cross anything off my list of things to do for design teams, I did get make a cute card just for fun!  
I have to say.....using the background stamps, card stock, and ink from MFT takes away the time of choosing patterns papers and having to color my image based on the colors in the patterned papers.   Now I just color the image however I want and CREATE the patterned pattern to match my image!  
I used the MFT textile backgrounds stamp set with some MFT red hot ink and red hot CS to create the patterned paper on this card.  I used a white gel pen to accentuate the stitching in the argyle pattern.


I highlighted the stitching in the pierced circle STAX panel and the panels create with dies from the Blueprints 1 and Blueprints 3 panels.  I added a red hot button and some hemp cord to embellish.  


I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder,



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that card! So beautiful and the colours are so rich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is so incredible!!! Gorgeous card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Kim! Love the little heart on her sweater too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!