Monday, December 27, 2010

Ring o' Recipes

I saw this idea somewhere on Splitcoast Stampers and now I can't find it again to give credit where credit is due.  :(   If I find it, I will update this post.  When I saw it, it was the inspiration for my gift to my co-workers for the Holidays.  I ordered Papertrey Ink's  Recipe Box stamp set,  Recipe Box Label stamp set, and coordinating recipe cards.  I collected a favorite recipe from each co-worker in my department and then made each person a ring o' recipes.   They are stamped with "From the kitchen of" and I filled in the name of the person who submitted that recipe. I bought the rings at Staples and simply tied a ribbon for a finishing touch.  Writing 110 receipes wasn't exactly fun, but the worth the effort!  I also made a couple of these for friends which I presented with a bottle of wine decorated in a coordinating wine wrap and matching tag.

7 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Can't believe you handwrote all those recipes. The finished product (and all the thanks you must've received) probably made it worth it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful and thoughtful idea! And it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea!!! It's so pretty!!! I wonder if you got a big enough ring if you could slide it over the top of the wine bottle? Seeeeeeeee!!! You have my mind clickin' away over here!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! So glad you shared it! Your recipe cards are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful idea and looks just fab!! Might have to try this idea as it makes a wonderful gift! Thank you so much for the really kind comment on my blog - really gave me a lift!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!