Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Christmas Cards

Last year I tortured myself and made our Christmas cards.  I swore I would NEVER do that again.   I lied.  I did it again.  I have no idea why I did this to myself.  I can barely tolerate the boredom of making a boxed set of 8 cards that are all the same.  Making 100 Christmas cards made me want to stab myself in the eyeball with a fork.  Nonetheless, I completed all of the cards and both eyeballs are intact.  ;)  Photography is another hobby of mine so I look forward to capturing a great shot of my kids each year.  Lauren and Jack's front teeth have finally grown in so they look so much older to me this year than they do in last year's picture.  Sigh.  Lauren is 8 years old and Jack will be 7 next month.  Anyway, since I have neglected my blog all week to make these cards, I thought I would share them you. 




































This is the outside of the card.  It's too dark to photograph them in daylight by the time I get home, so it is not the greatest pic.  I mounted the picture on white card stock and then onto Papertrey Ink scarlet jewel card stock.  I cut the triangles in Bazzill Basics Rain Forest card stock and stamped them in PTI fresh snow ink with a stamp from the PTI Polka Dot Basics stamp set.  I printed 2010 from my computer and stamped the border in SU always artichoke ink with a stamp from the PTI Borders and Corners: Circles stamp set.  I punched it out with a 1.5" circle punch and mounted that on a 1.75" circle in scarlet jewel card stock.











































And this is the inside of the card!  I had to get our beloved English Yellow Lab "Calvin" in here somewhere!  The sentiment is from PTI's Holiday Wishes Stamp set.  I had a custom stamp made with our names on it.

As a friend of mine said, these cards are a "labor of love" and I hope all the recipients appreciate them! 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!

7 comments:

  1. OMG.......You did a ton of work on these cards......BUT, they are definitely worth it. They are so well done and just perfect. I'm sure everyone will be so amazed at your detailed work. You now deserve a nice big glass of wine.....WAIT, maybe you deserve the whole bottle after making 100 of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are AMAZING...great job, and now you should be take a minute to enjoy your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great!! I love the pictures on the inside and oustide, very cute! Totally worth the time it too you to make them I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! these are so wonderful. i'm sure family and friends will be so happy to receive them....sweet puppy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful a card! It will be a great keepsake for the recipients too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim your Xmas card turned out FABULOUS! Such great photos!!! 100 cards.. your GOOD!!! I need to start.. I need to get the photograph! ;)
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely fantastic!!!! What cuties they are!!!! they will be treasured by all who receive them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!