Saturday, February 18, 2023

Wreath Builder for the Win!

Happy Saturday!   I work long, stupid hours and I am just to wiped out at the end of the day to much of anything when I finally finish up for the day, but when Saturdays are for card making!   I actually look forward to getting up before my husband, having some coffee, and getting crafty!  Such a creative out and stress reliever for me.   

I got in a nice stash of new stamp sets, stencils, and more Gina K Designs ink pads delivered this week so I am looking forward to creating with them.  I wanted to play along with the monthly Gina K Designs challenge which is to create a wreath.  I just got in her Wreath Builder Templates and so I gave it try bright and early this morning.  What a cool, handy little tool this is!   I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge with a "Frame It" theme


I am going to have lots of fun creating with that wreath builder template!   You need a stamp positioner tool like a Misti when using the wreath builder template. I kept my wreath fairly simple and chose a stamp from the Gina K Designs Filled with Sunshine stamp set to stamp the leave in light spruce and medium spruce ink.  I then used the Gina K Designs Mini Wreath Builder stamp set to stamp the berries in medium orchid link.   The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  I stamped it with medium orchid ink first, then versa mark, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  That's the beauty of using a stamp positioner tool like the Misti.  No need to have a bunch of different color embossing powders. 

I decided to die cut a circle from the center of the wreath and fussy cut the outer leaves.  I added a little twine box.  I splattered some medium orchid ink on the white cardstock panel behind the wreath at the top and layered over some patterned paper from the Gina K Designs Autumn Splendor 6x6 paper pad and matted with some kraft card stock.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!