Saturday, February 4, 2023

Time Out #231 - Look for Rainbows

I am huge fan of Gina K Designs so I was happy to see that Gina is the featured designer for the Time Out Challenge #231.  It's a special edition photo inspiration challenge that they call "CASE the Designer."  Game on! 

Since I "un-retired," I was trying to figure out which line of inks I would re-invest in.  I tried several companies' inks.   At first, I settled in the distress oxide inks because I loved the way they blended and I am obsessed with ink blending this time around in my crafty journey.   Then I got some of the Gina K Designs ink cubes in a kit that I had purchased and GASP.....they blend beautifully AND the colors are vibrant!    Truth be told, since I started building my collection of Gina K Designs ink pads, I have not touched my distress oxide inks once.   I do sort of regret that I sunk money into that collection.  I am gradually building my new collection of Gina's ink pads and re-inkers now.  

Here is my take on Gina's card:


I first heat embossed that pretty script in white with the MFT Romantic Script Background stamp.   Then I got to stenciling with the Gina K Designs Water Droplets Stencil and the Gina K Designs inks in red velvet, tangerine twist, wild dandelion, jelly bean green, blue lagoon, and wild wisteria.  I added a sentiment from the Altenew Sentiment Strips 3 stamp set.  To balance things off, I added a row of rhinestones in the colors of the rainbow to the top left of the card.

Here is Gina's card that was the inspiration for my card.  



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kim! I saw your card at the Time Out Challenge. We would LOVE you to join us at the Colorful Options Challenge; rainbow-colored cards are always welcome. I hope you will come join the fun this month. Have a great Sunday! #colorfuloptionschallenge or https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and wonderful CASE of Gina's card! I love the extra interest from the white embossed script! Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different techniques! And the fresh looking card you made! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!