Saturday, February 4, 2023

Hugs and Prayers

 The whole foiling craze was new to me when I jumped back into this hobby.   I completely resisted the urge to get into it because I just didn't want to spend the money on the Glimmer Machine.....and more so on all the hot foil plates.  I already feel like I waste money on coordinating dies for everything.  I am really trying to be more selective about which coordinating dies to buy.   Occasional fussy cutting certainly won't kill me.   Anyway, back to foiling.....

When Gina K Designs came out with her new Poly-Glaze foiling sheets with her latest release, I was excited to try them out.   You need a laminator to use these and hey, I wanted a laminator any to make dividers for my stamp and die storage bins so I could justify getting one.  Gina  recommended a few laminators in the her Facebook group and she mentioned that the OffNova Thermal Laminator is just like the more expensive Minc.  I quickly snagged it for $39 on Amazon and literally a few minutes after I did, Amazon jacked up the price.  Amazon quickly realized the OffNova laminators were a hot ticket item as soon as Gina mentioned it and Gina K nation created an onslaught of orders.   Now it is temporarily out of stock at Amazon, but you can get it HERE.  You will need to get some laminator sheets.   I got these from Amazon.  You will also need some Deco Foil Craft and Carrier Sheets and some Gina K Designs Fancy Foils or some Deco Foil Transfer Sheets.


The photo really doesn't do the foiling justice.  It really adds to much to the card!   I used one of the Gina K Designs Art Deco Poly Glaze Foiling Sheets and a Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea Fancy Foil.  You simply layer a piece of foil on top of the foiling sheet with the pretty side facing up, tuck it into a craft and carrier sheet and run it through your laminator.  Peel the foil back and it VOILA!   So easy and so pretty! 

  I die cut a circle to mimic the pattern of the foiling and ink blended using the Gina K Designs wild wisteria, turquoise sea, and jelly bean green ink pads.  They really blend beautifully!  I do love that Gina has her Fancy Foils that match her inks.   

I used the Gina K Designs Hugs die and layered the negative over the black circle.  I added a sentiment from the coordinating Hugs stamp set.   I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the pretty butterfly from the Gina K Designs Butterfly Trio stamp set and glued it on only at the center of the Butterly so that I could pop up its wings.  Finally, I added a few sequins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!