Sunday, February 12, 2023

Step up your Stencils

Anyone else find ink blending super satisfying?  Ink blending with stencils is even MORE satisfying!  Lifting the stencil and seeing the results is so much fun.  I was playing around with the Gina K Designs Water Droplets stencil and decided to slightly shift the stencil a couple of times and re-blend the inks to create a cool effect. 


  For my first card I used Gina K Designs wild dandelion, tangerine twist, passionate pink, and wild wisteria ink pads.  First I masked off the corner of my cardstock with some Gina K Designs Masking Magic Sheets.  I ink blended ink blended on the same angle as my masking paper.  I then shift my stencil to the right and slightly upwards and repeated the ink blending.  I repeated this process one more time before removing my stencil.  Then I used whatever ink remained on my brushes to blend one more time so that the remaining white spaces didn't look so stark.  

I used the Pretty Pink Posh Simple Strips dies to cut the strips from black cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Gina K Designs You Are Enough  mini stamp set.  


For my next card I used the same Gina K Designs Water Droplets stencil  and this time I chose the Gina K Designs ink pads in wild dandelion, Grass green, blue denim, and wild wisteria.  I used the Gina K Designs Masking Magic Strips to mask off the border on the cardstock.  I used the same technique shifting the stencil twice and re-blending.  I die cut a circle into the design and then layered a slightly larger panel behind it.  I stamped the sentiment from the Gina K Designs Butterfly Trio stamp set, die cut it, and then popped it up with foam tape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!