Wednesday, August 19, 2015

SPD19 and FMS200 - Let's Shell-ebrate!

It's time for the monthly SugarPea Designs theme challenge!   Though the summer is winding down, we aren't quite ready to let it go so the SPD19 theme is "Summer Sweetness!"

I played along with the SugarPea Designs Seaside Wishes stamp set.  

I chose some papers from the Doodlebug Designs Flower Box 6x6 paper pad and some kraft card stock to create my beach scene.  I cut the three pieces of paper with one of the dies from the SugarPea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles.  I tore the kraft card stock to create the sand and then trimmed the remaining  2 pieces.  I could then layer them and have the stitches line up perfectly.   


I colored my image with copics and shaded her a bit with a black and brown General's pastel chalk pencil.  I used a white gel pen to add the freckles to her cheeks.   I fussy cut her out and popped her up with foam dots.    





We only have a few rules…
  • Play along with ANY stamps and dies you’d like – Winner is chosen at random to keep things fair, but if the winners project features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the voucher to $15
  • Feel free to combine our challenge with any other challenge(s)
  • Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPD19 so we can easily find your work.
  • Add your name and link to your card or project in the InLinkz on the SugarPea Designs Blog

Today, SugarPea Designs is sponsoring the Freshly Made Sketches 200 challenge!   The sketch is below and as you can see, it was the inspiration for my card designs today.   We hope you will play along with that challenge, too! 



Head on over to the SugarPea Designs blog for some additional inspiration from the SugarPeas before you get crafty!





7 comments:

  1. I love this summer scene you've created. You've colored this cute girl so beautifully. Thanks for joining us in our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring! Love this little one's long flowing hair! Sweet and summery! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our 200th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She could not be cuter! This is really fun! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an amazing card! I love the background you've created and that sweet little girl! What fabulous colouring! So perfect for summer! Thank you for celebrating our 200th Sketch with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is super cute! I saw it over at Freshly Made Sketches - such a fun celebration going on over there - it's the first time I've joined one of their challenges. Great job with the sketch - thanks for the inspiration! I would also like to thank Sugar Pea Designs for their sponsorship at FMS! It's an awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!