Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Spring!

Here in Boston we beat our all-time record for snowfall this season with 108.6 inches.  Yep.  That is a whole lot of snow.   Spring officially returned yet it continues to snow for the 1st 2 days of spring.   So annoying!   BUT, I am trying to will spring to show its presence here is Boston by creating springy cards! 

My card today features the Spring Medley rubber stamp from the A Random Fan line of stamps at C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps.  


I used the the C.C. Designs Flowing Flowers stencil to create that background with some texture paste that I tinted with a re-inker. I have a tutorial posted on the C.C. Designs blog today if you are interested in learning this technique!  Once the texture paste dried, I used a white gel pen to add the centers to the flowers. 


I also used the white gel pen to add the freckles to her cheeks.   




2 comments:

  1. Kim, the texture paste flowered background is perfect. I love it. The girl looks like that could be a smirk on her face. Knowing that you have had so much snow and that it is still snowing Is enough reason to say "Happy Spring" with a smirk! I hope warm temps and sunny days get to you really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that texture past backgound (and as always, your coloring is divine) and I will definitely be checking out your tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!