Saturday, October 18, 2014

DIY Fall Decor

I had the day off from work yesterday so I spent it creating some fall home decor and I had to share!

 I found this cute pumpkin basket at AC Moore and I cut off the handle.  I cut a 4" styrofoam ball at the base so it would lay flat in the basket.   All of the floral bunches were 60% off at AC yesterday!  Love me a good deal!   I used my wire clippers to cut the individual flowers from the bunch and then I arranged them as I liked by securing the stems into the styrofoam ball.  Made this in 15 minutes,  SO easy and so pretty!   It's now the centerpiece on my kitchen table.



Fot this next one, I found a glass pumpkin candy dish for $5.   I removed the lid and then spray painted the dish with Krylon Glistening Gold Glitter Spray Paint.  It gives amazing covering!  The glitter stays put!  Impressive!  I one again put a styrofoam ball in the pumpkin that I could then arrange the flowers to my liking.  



For this wreath, I started with a 14" natural grapevine wreath.  I chose 2 floral bunches and then used my wire clippers to clip off all of the blooms.   I played the flowers where I wanted them and then used my glue gun to secure them,   I created a bow with some wired gold ribbon and wired it onto the wreath.  

Now I can't wait to start making winter projects.............though I CAN wait for winter,  Ugh,




3 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are all Just Falliciously Gorgeous Miss Kim!! Love them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fall decor...love the gold glitter paint idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!