Saturday, February 2, 2013

HOORAY!!!

Cheryl Alger is one of my favorite illustrators.   If you love rubber stamps, you can find her images at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps HERE.  You can also find some of her images in digi format at Sassy Cheryl's Digis.  Recently, she opened up a new digi shop called Just Being Sally dedicated to her most beloved character.

I love ALL of the images in her her newest digi shop!  They just remind me of not only my own childhood, but also my childrens'.  Now, I will admit.....I do not LOVE to work with digis.  I much prefer to ink up a stamp and clear stamps to be specific.   Tonight I got to have a little phone chat with Cheryl and I suggested.......well, begged......that she consider offering her images in clear stamp set as well.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT AND TELL ME YOU AGREE IF YOU DO!  
(I'm going to make Cheryl look!)

Tonight I colored up one of the images in the Just Being Sally shop called Just Be Yourself


I paired some PP from the Exho Park Everyday Eclectic 6x6 paper pad with some Bazzill Card Shoppe candy bar CS.  I used one of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Birthday Trinkets.  I used a white gel pen to add the faux stitching.

skin - E11, E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
hair - E35, YR24, Y23, Y21
shirt 0 RV14, RV13, RV11
shorts 0 BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10
shoes - E47,E44, E43
ground and grass - E44, E43, E41, YG97, YG95, YG93

The Mojo Monday 278 sketch was my inspiration:





7 comments:

  1. This is adorable, and yes, I would love to see these images in clear stamps! Great card, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Well I bought them all in digi form..
    I love digi but clear stamps have the purpose too..
    so come on Cheryl let's see hoe Sally does in rubber!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute card Kim. In response to your question...I think different things appeal to different people. Personally, I like digital images because I like the option of choosing my own sizing. I tend to favour larger cards and some of the stamped images are lost on a big landscape. Digitals also appeal to me in a big way because of the ease of storage and no need to clean the stamp. Have to admit though that there are some limitations with digitals. I own and use a wide variety of stamps but tend to think that digis are becoming my #1 choice as time goes on.

      Delete
    2. Cute card Kim. In response to your question...I think different things appeal to different people. Personally, I like digital images because I like the option of choosing my own sizing. I tend to favour larger cards and some of the stamped images are lost on a big landscape. Digitals also appeal to me in a big way because of the ease of storage and no need to clean the stamp. Have to admit though that there are some limitations with digitals. I own and use a wide variety of stamps but tend to think that digis are becoming my #1 choice as time goes on.

      Delete
  3. sweet!! love it...those clouds look amazing :D hmm i think i prefer digi - cheaper + a little easier? well it seems it since i am probably sitting on the computer anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both, but I would love the option of digi if my crafting money is a little low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card I love her images and yes I do think she should!
    I know I would jump on it and buy all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!