Monday, January 26, 2015

SPDSS19 - You're the Bomb

Welcome to this week's addition of the SugarSketch Challenge! 
We've got a fun sketch for you to get those creative juices flowing!

I played along with some of the newly released products including the Classroom Cupids stamp set, the SugarCuts - Air Mail Set. and the SugarCuts - Heart Journal Card.


I started by stamping the line heart from the Classroom Cupids stamp set onto the red card stock.   I ran a die from the SugarCuts - Air Mail Set through the big shot with white card stock and then again with red and black card stock.  I inlaid the negatives back into the die cut. I embossed the black panel to add some texture.


I stamped the bomb and sentiment from the Classroom Cupids stamp set in Momento tuxedo black ink and MFT wild cherry hybrid ink. I curved the sentiments on my acrylic block before stamping them since I wanted the image and sentiment to fit into a circular panel.     I used clear and red Wink of Stella glitter markers to add some shimmer to the bomb.  I created the arrow using a die from the SugarCuts - Heart Journal Card  and then I added some shimmer to it with a clear Wink of Stella glitter marker.    

Here is the sketch:


The rules are very simple…
  Create a new card or project using the SugarSketch provided.
  • SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable 
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS19 so that we may check out your beautiful work
  • Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz on the SPD blog.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe.  However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $15
 




5 comments:

  1. So cute, Kim! Your background is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the background, so striking. Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is this ever fun Kim. Love all your details like the hearts background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. morte de rire, carte géniale et pleine d'humour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!