Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 2 of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Sneaks

Welcome to DAY 2 of the SugarPea Designs sweet sneaks of the January release which is our BIGGEST release yet because we are celebrating our 1st Birthday this month!  There are SO many things that we are sneak peeking today so you definitely want to hop along and check out all my fellow design team members posts because I could not cover it all in today's post!

Introducing Classroom Cupids and the new Heart Border - Sugar Cuts Die!



I stamped my owls in hot fudge ink onto whip cream card stock and then stamped them again into bubblegum and berrylicious card stock.   I cut out the hearts and layered them onto the owls chests and then fussy cut the owls.   


I used the new Heart Border - Sugar Cuts Die and the negatives to create this cool border.  I ran it through the Big Shot a coupe more times with some bubblegum and berrylicious card stock so that I could inlay the hearts into the border.  


I used the Heart Border - Sugar Cuts Die (this time without the negatives) to add a little flair to e inside of the card.   



My next card features the new Heart Journal Card - Sugar Cuts Die!


I started with a bubblegum card stock panel and I scored a few lines on it.   I die cut the card from whip cream card stock.   I them ran the die with the hearts through the big shot a few times with various patterned papers, a panel of whip cream card stock, and some chip board.   

 The dies cut through the chip board like butter!   I cut the hearts into 4 separate squares and adhered them to chipboard and then inlaid the various colored papers. 



I also used the "love" die from the same die set and die cut the whip cream panel.  I ran the die through the big shot again with hot fudge panel and this time I used the word and laid it into the whip cream panel for a 1 layer look.  



Remember our entire January Product Release will be available for purchase in the SugarPea Designs Store on Friday, January 9th at 6:00 PM EST!

Don't forget that with every order placed in January, you will receive one of our new magnetic cards to try out for your die storage!   


ay, Jat 6:00 PM E
We would love to hear your thoughts on the products introduced today!!  Please leave a comment on this post and on each of the talented SugarPea Designers shown below and you could WIN!  We will chose one lucky person to WIN the Special Delivery stamp set (which I did not yet show on my blog) from the comments left here and on the DT Blogs!  All winners during our January Product Release will be announced on Sunday, January 11th.



49 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you totally rocked this I love your cards <3 those owls are winners

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic new designs - I love them & you've showcased them beautifully
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards! Love those sweet owls on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about the classroom cupids set, we are always looking for something to use for my daughter's friends and this is going to be perfect!!!! And the hearts die is great too! I love your first color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gosh. The description of the items used on the cards sounds so delicious! They look as good as they sound. Thank goodness that there are now strong magnetic boards to hold the beautiful dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards, Kim. Love the pink and hot fudge combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoot, hoot! I love the pair of your sweet owls, awesome!!! Love how you created the heart border and inside is as beautiful as outside! And the graphic hearts are too stunning! Love them<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your cards and the storage bucket is awesome as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those stitched hearts...cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so super cute!!! I am loving the stitched hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Gosh! They are so so cute!!!! I love what you did with the layered hearts! I LOVE the owls! Every time SPD comes out with something, I think I cannot love anything more! Then out comes the next thing that I fall in love with!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! I love the non-traditional colors on them Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are super-sweet! Love these new Valentine products!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Owls are always so cute. The hearts will make a great "quilt" for a background on a greeting card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling owls! Love the dies in this set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both of these cards Kim - they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the hearts. Is cute that there's little hearts inside of them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are so sweet. Love everything about the owl card and the heart die cuts on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the bright colors and fun layouts of your cards! SUPER cute and adorably fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the owls and have always been a fan of hearts! Love the cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute cards and love the little owls and heart shaped squares you created are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww . . . the owls are so cute! And I love the cut and layered hearts on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Happy Mail stamp set is very cute. Can't wait to get my hands on those magnetic card sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh your owl card is so cute, love the hearts border :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness I love how you used these stamps and dies Kim. Love the colors you used. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The owl card is adorable and those hearts are just fantastic! XX

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my Kim. Absolutely incredible cards! Hearts are my favorite element and I knew I would love all the release products. Your design using them puts it over the top. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. your cards are so beautiful and lovely! I love how you design!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the Owl stamp and the heart border.

    ReplyDelete
  30. that heart journal die set is sooooooooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are wonderful! Those owls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards! Love the heart border die and how you used the negatives! And love the square "quilt" look with the hearts! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I know so many people who are going to LOVE this set! A bit of something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kim, those owls are absolutely darling. I adore them! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet, fun cards and like the diecuts.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love, love, love how you have used these awesome new diecuts!!! Super fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the Heart Journal Card - Sugar Cuts Die, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Brilliant use of those great dies! LOVE the owls and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!