Sunday, May 10, 2015

RS164 - Under the Weather

Online shopping is my typical route for getting my hands on crafting supplies, but I found myself in Michael's this weekend and I picked up this pretty little 6x6 paper from their Recollections line called "Craft It Flora" and I thought it would pair nicely with the new C.C. Designs Ready for the Rain stamp.  April showers bring May flowers and we are finally seeing color returning to the world after a brutal New England  winter! 


I stamped my image with Momento Tuxedo black ink and then die cut her with the C.C. Designs Cutter  Ready for the Rain Outline Die.  I used dies from both the C.C. Designs Make a Card #4 die set ad the Make a Card #5 die set to create the stitched panels .  


Here is a close up of my coloring. I colored her with copics and used brown and black General's pastel chalk pencils to add more shading.   I used a whit gel pen to add her freckles. 


I decorated the inside of the card with more of the same patterned paper and then stamped a couple of sentiments from the C.C. Designs Get Well Sentiments stamp set.  


The RetroSketches #164 was my inspiration.  
Here is the sketch:







4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful image and colouring - this would cheer anyone up who was 'under the weather'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now isn't she the sweetest! Just love how you colored her, especially her cheeks Kim. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Amazing concept drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!