Friday, April 17, 2015

Beary Thankful

It seems I never create anything anymore unless I am knocking something off my list of design team work.   I tend to restrict myself to that to keep this little hobby of mine in check and in balance with work and family life.  However, I recently peeked at the Whimsie Doodles website and fell in love with the sweet Garden Bear.  So, I got all wild and crazy in true paper crafting nerd style and spend my Friday night creating a card with that image.


I started by die cutting that panel with the Simon Says Stamp "Thanks Card" wafer die.  I sponged on some distress inks.   I used the largest die from the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes to create the stitched border on the white panel.


I colored my image with copics and used a a white gel pen to add the polka dots to the ribbon her hat an on the heart on the watering can.  I added a gold sequin to the sunflower for a little embellishment.

I am entering this card in the Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge #89 (use a die cut) and the Whimsie Doodles April Challenge





6 comments:

  1. OMGosh so cute and I love that you did one just cause you wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you got so carried away! He is the cutest thing since baby's toes. Perfect coloring! Do not neglect your passion. You deserve to create just because you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so darling! Thank you for joining our 'Use a Die Cut' challenge over at CC & CC.
    Bonnie (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, just found your blog and this wonderful card - you have coloured your bear so beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love colours combo !!! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!