Saturday, July 10, 2010

Give the gift of wine with your crafty twist!

I bought my friend her favorite bottle o' wine for her birthday and decorated the bottle with the Upsy Daisy stamp set using melon mambo and summer sun ink.  I added some polka dotted melon mambo ribbon and some melon mambo card stock punched with the eyelet border punch.  I created a coordinating gift tag using the scallop circle punch and a build-a-brad.



















Making the coordinating candle is SO easy!  I stamped the same image on some white tissue paper and wrapped it around the candle.  Wrap a piece of wax paper around the candle and use extra so that you have some to grab to tightly wrap the candle.  Use your heating tool to melt the tissue paper into the candle.   You will be able to see the change in color when it has absorbed into the candle and quickly move on the next section to prevent dripping of wax.  Remove the wax paper from the candle and tie some coordinating ribbon around the candle.  I wrapped the candle in cellophane to present it.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job making a little matching set with these nice gifts! I have yet to try the candle, as it intimidates me! lol Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!