Saturday, December 31, 2022

A Bear and Some Birthday Balloons

 Anyone else struggle with making birthday cards?   I have some time to craft this Holiday weekend and when I saw that the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is Party Time, I decided it was good time to try and crank out some birthday cards.   I'm always on the hunt for some stamp set that inspire me to create a birthday card and when Penny Black came out with the adorable Together Forever stamp set, I had to have it.   


I first created the sky background by stamping weathered wood and tumbled glass distress inks onto my craft mat.  I spritzed with water and then dragged the card stock through it.   I colored the image with copics and fussy cut the bear and balloons.   I wanted to pop up a couple of balloons so I stamped again and cut those out and popped them up with foam adhesive.  I added some Glossy Accents to the balloons. I layer ed the balloons just outside the panel so the bear and his balloons could be floating up outside the panel.  I stamped a sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Just Sentiments: Birthday stamp set and heat embossed another sentiment from the Altenew Sentiment Strips 3 stamp set.  I matted the image pane in back and layered it over the confetti pane that I created using the cool Concord and 9th Celebrations Turnabout stamp set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!