Thursday, January 14, 2016

SugarPea Designs Winter Release Sweet Peek - Day 4

Welcome to Day 4 of the SugarPea Designs Sweet Peeks of the January Release!
Today we are introducing Key to My Heart & SugarCuts - Key to My Heart coordinating die.

My brother and sister-in-law bought a new townhouse at Nordic Village, a vacation resort in Bartlett, NH in the White Mountains.  I created this card to congratulate them on their new vacation home!  I wanted it to have a warm, rustic feel.   I chose some patterned papers from the Carta Bella Cozy & Warm 6x6 paper pad and sponged some Tim Holtz teaddye and walnut stain distress inks around the edges of the panels.  

I inked up the key stamp from the Key to my Heart stamp set with VersaMark ink first before inking u up with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink.  I find that the VersaMark helps the distress ink stamp better.  I then went over the stamped key with a clear Wink of Stella glitter marker to give the key some shimmer.  I die the key and the little tag using the new SugarCuts - Key to my Heart.  I attached the key and tag with twine.  and wrapped the heart like  package.





SugarCuts - Key To My Heart Coordinating die

Would you like to win the Key to My Heart stamp set? All you need to do is leave a comment on the SugarPea Designs Blog post telling us about the key to YOUR heart! What makes you "swoon"? Chocolates and dinner out? Or is it when someone folds the laundry? We can't wait to hear!
Our team has come up with amazing inspiration for you! So grab a cuppa and join us! Visit each of our designers blogs to leave a comment for another entry to win! 



Dana Joy will be doing a LIVE Periscope broadcasts tomorrow!  She will offer a $20 GC to SPD for followers on her and the SPD Periscope account!  Winners will be announced the next scope. Just watch (live or rebroadcast) and follow to be eligible to win!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the key die set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adore this! What makes me swoon is when my husband offers me his arm to help me get over rough sidewalk areas, ice, or snow. I really swoon when he opens my door for me, which isn't often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the folk art feel to it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly nailed it. As soon as I saw it I was thinking to myself, this looks like an antique. Rustic, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you certainly nailed it. As soon as I saw it I was thinking to myself, this looks like an antique. Rustic, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Stunning!!! I wish I had received this card when I bought my home!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for new homeowners!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this card is a statement!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous--love the rustic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This card is so cute!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! What make me “swoon”? A love note on the table that my partner leaves me before to go work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific card... that heart is the perfect size for the key!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this set. I really like how you used it for something other than a Valentine's kind of card. Nicely done! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! love the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have chosen some of my most favorite elements for this card, hearts, keys, and plaid. I really like this card. You have inspired me to do some creating today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!