Monday, August 30, 2010

Gift Card Holder Tutorial

I am making a bunch of these cute gift card holders for an upcoming craft fair in November.  Of course, I will make Holiday themed gift card holders as well, but here I am showing some with a birthday theme.  As you can see below, you slide the band off and open the envelope.  Lift the panel and slide in your gift card!  This is such a nice way to make giving a gift card seem so much nicer!  Be sure to check out my Gift Card Holder Version 2 plus tutorial  as well!




Here are the basics you will need to make these:

A2 envelope
4 panels of designer card stock (4.25" x 2.75")
1" circle punch
1/2" circle punch
1 strip of card stock (1" x7")
adhesive



Fold your A2 envelope in half and then cut along the score line on the flap.  
Then cut at angle so you have 2 notched flaps.



Either lick or use adhesive to seal the top flap.



Use your 1" circle puch to cut a slot in the panel that will hold the gift card.
All designer paper used in this project is by DCWV Mango Frost Matstack.



Now adhere the inside panels to the envelope.   **** When adhering the bottom panel, DO NOT GLUE THE EDGE OF THE PANEL WITH THE NOTCH or you will not be able to insert the gift card! ****



Trim the flap to 1" and then fold down and cover with designer paper of your choice.



Use your 1/2" circle punch to add a tab on the flap.  Add the sentiment of your choice to the top panel.
I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set and Stampin Up's curly label XL punch.



Flip the envelope over and adhere your 2 outer panels.



Add your band around the envelope and seal with adhesive. 
Make sure it is tight enough to stay put, but loose enough to get on and off. 



Embellish your band to your liking.  I used the Stampin' Up! daisies die with daffodil delight card stock and and 1" circle punch with pumpkin pie card stock.  I stamped a sentiment on the flower's center and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen. 



I made this with Stampin Up's pretty in pink and early espresso card stock.  I embellished it with Stampin' Up Sweet Pea stitched felt.  I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birthday basics set and stamped it repeatedly in white ink on the front panel.



And here are a few more............

                                                          Hope you enjoy making them!
Kim

10 comments:

  1. Kim,

    These are great! I am going to have to try to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very cleaver. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love this tutorial. I have to make some for the holidays this year. Thank you for showing this. You can view my blog uniqu3scrapper.blogspot.com...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool and very decent and simple design has been made on these cards these are look nice thanks.
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    I just finished making three of these for my kids for gift cards I bought them for Easter. My husband was so pleased with how they turned out. (I think I'm winning him over to my new hobby!!) Thanks for sharing your idea and providing the instructions.
    Be blessed and have a wonderful Easter.
    ~Oney

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, I am going to try one, They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your gift card holders. They are adorable, and I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It makes my day!